Duality is a New Jersey based startup at the forefront of developing and commercializing Privacy Enhanced Technologies (PET) to enable privacy-protected data science. OOur mission is to enable organizations to gain new insight and develop new services based on data collaboration between different organizations while keeping sensitive data secured in a way that was previously impossible. This makes Duality the leader of the PET (privacy technology enhancement ) market which is considered as the next big thing in digital transformation.
We lead the best-of-breed open-source privacy software projects and use them in our commercial offerings. We lead multiple DARPA projects that fund and leverage our open-source efforts. We’re well-funded and backed by Intel Capital, LG Ventures, Team8, Hearst Ventures, and additional leading investors.
Founded in 2016 by world leaders in the fields of data science and cryptography. Our founders and core team members include tenured professors at MIT, have years of experience working in the defense industry, including DARPA, and have developed multiple open-source libraries widely used commercially.
About the Job
We are hiring a Principal Software Engineer for our Cryptography team. In this position you will be part of a team working on accelerating advanced cryptography, such as lattice-based homomorphic encryption. This work targets the OpenFHE open-source library, the leading open-source homomorphic encryption library.
The successful candidate will have experience running applied R&D projects as a PI for major agencies, such as DARPA or IARPA. Experience in software development for embedded systems or integration with hardware acceleration and knowledge of advanced C++ are critical.
- 7+ years of experience in either embedded systems development or hardware acceleration of numerical algorithms
- Experience as a PI (or similar tech lead role) in externally-funded R&D projects
- 5+ years of experience in C++ (familiarity with C++17)
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in software architecture
- Experience implementing numerical programming algorithms
- Familiarity with FFT or Number Theoretic Transforms
- Experience with homomorphic encryption, lattice cryptography, secure multiparty computation or other encrypted computing technologies
- Experience supporting technical business development, such as with DARPA, IARPA, ONR, AFRL, etc.
- Experience implementing lattice cryptography in software or hardware
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Master’s or PhD in Engineering, Math, or Computer Science
Duality Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more information or to apply, please send an inquiry email to email@example.com.