Duality is a New Jersey based startup at the forefront of developing and commercializing Privacy Enhanced Technologies (PET) to enable privacy-protected data science. Our mission is to enable organizations to gain new insight and develop new services based on data collaboration between different organizations while keeping sensitive data secured in a way that was previously impossible. This makes Duality the leader of the PET (privacy technology enhancement ) market which is considered as the next big thing in digital transformation.
We lead the best-of-breed open-source privacy software projects and use them in our commercial offerings. We lead multiple DARPA projects that fund and leverage our open-source efforts. We’re well-funded and backed by Intel Capital, LG Ventures, Team8, Hearst Ventures, and additional leading investors.
Founded in 2016 by world leaders in the fields of data science and cryptography. Our founders and core team members include tenured professors at MIT, have years of experience working in the defense industry, including DARPA, and have developed multiple open-source libraries widely used commercially.
About the Job
In this exciting and high-impact role, you will serve as a hands-on team leader for software engineers that develop advanced crypto software products. Your main mission will be to lead the productization of advanced cryptography capabilities. As part of the global engineering team, you will interact closely with the product and platform teams, with the data science team being your primary internal customer.
We are seeking an experienced software engineering leader who led engineering productization processes in the past and is enthusiastic about leading developers through technological challenges and breakthroughs.
- Lead a software engineering team of top notch developers, providing technical leadership and mentoring
- Lead the team to be able to meet and exceed the deliveries defined.
- Lead the execution of the team; responsible for planning, executing and on-time deliveries in high quality
- Understand the business and the product, work closely with the crypto research team and groups in engineering
What you need to have:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in software development leadership roles
- 2+ experience with C++
- 2+ experience with Python
- Experience developing software products
- Experience with mathematic intensive software development
- Experience with leading E2E development projects from design to deployment
- Familiarity with CI/CD methodologies
- Experience with Linux
- Self-starter, fast learner, can-do attitude and great interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with open-source projects
- Experience with homomorphic encryption, lattice cryptography, secure multiparty computation or other encrypted computing technologies
- Basic understanding of Data Science principles (statistics, ML, etc.)
Duality Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more information or to apply, please send an inquiry email to email@example.com.