Duality is a New-Jersey/Israel based startup at the forefront of Privacy Enhanced Technology (PET) solutions. Our mission is to enable organizations to collaborate on sensitive data while protecting data privacy, confidentiality, and regulatory compliance.
We were recently named a World Economic Forum (WEF) Technology Pioneer and Gartner Cool Vendor in Privacy Preservation in analytics. We’re well-funded and backed by Intel Capital, LG Ventures, Team8, Hearst Ventures, and additional leading investors.
Founded in 2016 by world leaders in the fields of data science and cryptography – including Prof. Shafi Goldwasser, a Turing Award winner, Prof. Vinod Vaikuntanathan, a Godel prize winner, and Dr. Kurt Rohloff, a recipient of a DARPA Director’s Fellows.
About the Position
As the government business development lead in the US Federal and Defense space at Duality, you'll use your skills and experience to discover and win new business and strategically develop accounts, take a leading role as a player/coach in building our US public sector business, and helping our clients tackle their most difficult collaboration challenges.
In this position you will report to the CBO, the position can be based close to our New Jersey office or in Washington DC.
Who you are
You are a highly motivated and experienced business development / sales professional with a proven track record of selling in the US Federal and/or Defense sector and passionate about contributing to a fast growth tech company. You have a strong depth of business acumen and excited to build a book of business across high-profile defense and non-defense accounts. You're an expert in networking, breaking into new markets and building long term customer relationships that support Duality’s ambitious growth plans. This position will play a leading role in our next expansion phase!
- Plan & implement a business development strategy targeting new customer growth in federal civilian agencies and DoD
- Create a network of influencers and key decision makers to drive demand for Duality’s products
- Create a qualified sales pipeline through prospecting activities
- Provide thought leadership into target customers through initiatives that generate demand and buy in for Duality’s products
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships that are focused on long term partnerships with customers
- Identify ways to integrate Duality into the customers' workflow and recommend best practices
- Devise and execute strategic and tactical sales capture plans adopting recognized best practices
- Be a sector subject matter expert by keeping on top of competitive activity, trends, and innovations to appropriately advise on strategic and tactical sales recommendations
- Assist in driving new business revenue by managing the full sale cycle from generating demand for the product, developing a portfolio of qualified sales opportunities through prospecting and leveraging your own existing relationships, pitching our products and closing new business with a diverse set of public-sector agencies
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships, and act as thought partner in negotiating and closing of complex deals
- Strategically navigate and influence stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers ranging from senior public sector officials to the individual user level
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, etc.) and provide ongoing productive feedback loop to enable continuous improvement of our products
- Attend industry events, trade shows and focused symposiums to increase Duality’s brand awareness and value proposition
- Must be willing to travel as needed
- 5+ years of enterprise software or SaaS sales experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in a related field
- Extensive experience of successfully selling into the public sector with a strong track record of negotiation and closing strategic opportunities
- Expertise in prospecting, identifying, and developing multiple use cases, and developing strong relationships with senior leaders in the customer community
- A good understanding of confidential collaborative computing and how it can be used for the benefit of the public sector
- Proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience, preferably gained in fast-paced, technology and data product driven environments
- Adept and strategically navigating and influencing all customer stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills through customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Deep understanding of sales process and business drivers for public sector clients
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM – an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work in highly collaborative and geographically distributed environments to drive execution
- Experience interacting with and presenting to senior audiences
- Teamwork, interpersonal and relationship-building skills; strong leader and player with proven ability to facilitate cross-organizational alignment
- Must have the ability to obtain or currently hold a Secret clearance at a minimum
- Familiarity with privacy enhancing technologies like homomorphic encryption, multiparty computation, differential privacy, and more
- Ability to work independently or under minimal supervision
- Experience working with remote and international teams