Last updated: 22/01/24
01. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Inquiries. You can submit an inquiry through any of our online contact forms. You will be asked to provide information such as your name, email address, country of origin, the topic of your inquiry, and the text of your message. The mandatory fields for completion will be marked. We refer to this entire data as “Inquiry Information.”
Open Positions. You may apply for career opportunities at Duality through the Website. To do so, we will ask you to provide information such as your name, email address, a reason for contacting us and an option to provide additional information in in an email and a copy of your résumé (CV). The CV you submit to us through an email address provided on the Website will typically include your personal information. We refer to this entire data as “CV Information.”
You do not have a legal duty to provide any of the above information. However, you will not be able to submit an inquiry or an application for an open position on our Website without providing the required information.
When you visit our Website, we will record and collect certain information in relation to your visit and use of the Website and your interaction with our email messages and links, including: IP address (and the general location corresponding to the address), time and date of access, type of browser used, language use, links clicked and the web pages you accessed. We refer to this data as “Analytics Information.”
02. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We will use your Inquiry Information to contact you about your inquiry and handle your inquiry.
We will use your CV Information to review your candidacy, consider you for the open position (or other relevant open positions we may have), and update you as to the status of your candidacy. However, submitting your candidacy for an open position does not obligate Duality to review your candidacy, consider you for an open position or update you as to the status of your candidacy.
Subject to your consent, we will use your Inquiry Information in a profiled manner to contact you occasionally, either by Duality or by a representative on its behalf, including by sending e-mails with information related to Duality products and services (“Promotional Communications”).
You may ‘opt-out’ of using your Inquiry Information for promotional communications at any time by sending an email to: email@example.com.
We use Analytics Information to improve the Website and enrich the content on the Website, our email communications and the products services we offer to customers. We also use the Analytical Information to adapt the Website, its content, and services and our email communications, to users’ preferences. Finally, we will use the Analytics Information to understand the market in which Duality operates in and for managerial reporting and business planning.
03. WHEN AND HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH OTHERS
We will share your information with members of our family group of companies, who help us process the data for the purpose set out above.
We will share your personal information with our service providers, such as HubSpot and Google Analytics, as well as professional consultants such as tax advisors and auditors, who assist us with the internal operations of our Website and other aspects of our business.
One of our third party providers, Strattic Inc. reviews and collects external communications with and traffic to the static website (“Data”).
The purpose of such data collection is to improve the services provided to Duality and analyze any security events. Strattic will receive personal information to the extent such information is included in the Data. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and not for their own promotional purposes. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties, except in the events listed below or when you provide us your explicit and informed consent:
- If we are required to disclose your information by a judicial, governmental or regulatory authority.
- If the operation of Duality or the Website is organized within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity (such as due to a merger or acquisition, we will share your information to enable the structural change.
- If we need to act immediately to protect the personal safety of our customers or the public.
04. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKERS
Cookies are text files, comprised of small amount of data, that are saved on your computer or other device (e.g. smartphone, tablet, etc.) when you use internet and visit various websites. The information that the cookies maintain is read by the website you visit, during the session of your visit to the website (these are called ‘session’ cookies), and when you return to visit it again (these are called ‘persistent’ cookies).
You can change your mind at any time by enabling or disabling certain cookies or categories of cookies. However, you cannot disable the ‘necessary’ cookies because the website cannot operate without them.
By enabling cookies, you give your consent to collect the data they are intended for.
Necessary. Cookies that are strictly necessary for the functioning of the Website. The Website cannot operate properly without these cookies. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Website may not function properly.
Preferences. Cookies that remember your choices when you use the Website and allow the Website to react by reflecting your preferences.
Statistics. Cookies that help us understand how you and other users interact with our Website by collecting data that does not directly identify you.
Marketing. Cookies that track your use of the Website and allow us to tailor content, both on and off the Website, that we believe is relevant to you.
You can always delete the cookies saved on your device through your computer browser or your device. You can also disable cookies for future uses through the settings options of your computer browser or device.
05. SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
We retain personal data for the duration needed to support our ordinary business activities operating the Website and interacting with customers. Thereafter, we will still retain your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, establish and defend legal claims and enforce our agreements.
We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures do not provide absolute information security. Therefore, although efforts are made to secure your personal information, it is not guaranteed, and you cannot expect that the Service will be immune from information security risks.
06. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR USERS IN THE EU
The following is the data controller for the purposes of the personal data we collect via the Website and the products and services offered through the Website.
Duality Technologies Inc.
211 Warren Street,
Newark, NJ 07103
The legal basis for collecting and processing your Inquiry Information is our legitimate interests in responding to your inquiry. The legal basis under EU law for processing your CV Information is us taking pre-contractual steps in evaluating your application for an open position, as well as our legitimate interests in maintaining recruitment records, facilitating the selection process, conducting reference checks, communicating with you, business process execution and internal management and defending legal claims. The legal basis under EU law for collecting and processing your Inquiry information for profiled marketing purposes is your explicit consent.
The legal basis under EU law for collecting and processing Analytics Information is our legitimate interest in managing the Website and, business development and planning. Information we collect from you will be processed in Israel, which is recognized by the European Commissions having adequate protection for personal data, and in the United States. When we transfer your information from within Europe to other jurisdictions outside Europe, we will do sousing adequate safeguards determined by the EU Commission.
If you are in the EU, you have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right to Access your personal data that we process and receive a copy of it.
- Right to Rectify inaccurate personal data we have concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to Data Portability, that is, to receive the personal data that you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit this data to another service provider. Where technically feasible, you have the right that your personal data be transmitted directly from us to the service provider you designate.
- Right to Withdraw Consent to processing your personal data, at any time. If you do that, we will still process certain information on legal basis other than consent, as described in this Policy. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of data processing we carried out based on your consent before such withdrawal.
- Right to Object, based on your particular situation, to using your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest. However, we may override the objection if we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds, or for the establishment, exercise of defense of legal claims. You may also object at any time to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Restrict processing your personal data (except for storing it) if you contest the accuracy of your personal data, for a period enabling us to verify its accuracy; if you believe that the processing is unlawful and you opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests instead to restrict its use; if we no longer need the personal data for the purposes outlined in this Policy, but you require them to establish, exercise or defense relating to legal claims, or if you object to processing, pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds for processing override yours.
- Right to be Forgotten. Under certain circumstances, such as when you withdraw your consent, you have the right to ask us to erase your personal data. However, we may still process your personal data if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation we are subject to under laws in EU Member States or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with information. Where we are not able to provide you with information that you have asked for, we will explain the reason for this.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. If you are in the EU, then according to Article 77 of the GDPR, you can lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the GDPR. For a list of supervisory authorities in the EU, click here.
07. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR USERS IN CALIFORNIA
The following disclosure is made pursuant to California Online Privacy Protection Act: When you use the Website, other parties, such as Google may collect personally identifiable information about your activities over time and across different websites or online services.
The Service is not intended for minors under the age of 18. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE IN ANY WAY.
From time to time, we may change this Policy, in which case we post the updated Policy on the Website. The latest version of the Policy will always be accessible on the Website.
10. CONTACT US
Should you have any inquiries, complaints or suggestions, you may contact us at email@example.com. We will do our best to resolve your issue in a timely manner.